A Gordon Ramsay wants to open a restaurant in the heart of Reading where diners will have to fork out a meaty £15 for a burger.
Gordon Ramsay Street Burger first launched in London in December 2020 and is now set to come to Reading’s town centre.
The burger restaurant will replace Giraffe, which closed in 2019.
Union Street Café Ltd applied on June 8 to Reading Borough Council (RBC) for a premises licence for Gordon Ramsay Street Burger at Unit R17B Riverside Level, The Oracle.
BerkshireLive email updates: We bring the stories to you
Signing up to the BerkshireLive newsletter means you’ll receive our daily news email.
It couldn’t be simpler and it takes seconds – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
You can also enter your address at the top of this page in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms.
Changed your mind? There’s an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
You can also sign up to our website and comment on our stories by pressing here and signing in.
The company is seeking a licence for:
- Late Night Refreshment – on and off premises (Monday to Sunday, 11pm-midnight)
- Sale of Alcohol – on and off premises (Monday to Sunday, 10am-midnight)
Late Night Refreshment is a licence that is needed for establishments which serve hot food or hot drink to the public, on or off the premises, between 11pm and 5am.
There are currently six Street Burger restaurants, with five of them in London and the other in Woking. All burgers at Street Burger are £15, served with seasoned fries and unlimited soft drink.
Burgers on the menu include:
- OGR burger – Lake District beef and smoked cheese
- Bae burger – Lake District beef, treacle cured bacon, over easy egg and tomato relish
- JFC – Jocky’s fried chicken, chilli spiced buttermilk, hash brown
- Butternut Bhaji Burger – butternut squash and courgette, masala, mango chutney and a mint and coriander yoghurt
The other six Street Burgers that have already opened are in:
- St Pauls, London
- Covent Garden, London
- Charing Cross, London
- Kensington High Street, London
- The O2, London
Gordon Ramsay is one of the most famous chefs and restaurateurs in the world and even hosts his own game show.
Known for his fiery temper and swearing, he is the 19th-highest-earning celebrity in the world, according to Forbes, earning around $70 million a year.