There have been 47 further cases of coronavirus recorded in Berkshire in the latest daily figures on Friday (April 23), with the infection rate having risen in five areas.
Slough experienced the biggest increase, with 17 positive tests, and Wokingham had the second largest rise, reporting 14 new cases.
No new Covid-19 related deaths have been recorded at hospitals serving Berkshire, with the total since the start of the pandemic remaining at 1,780.
Find out how you can get more news from BerkshireLive straight to your inbox HERE.
The Government said a further 40 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Friday, bringing the UK total to 127,385.
Separate figures published by the UK’s statistics agencies show there have been 151,000 deaths registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.
The Government also said that, as of 9am on Friday, there had been a further 2,678 lab-confirmed cases in the UK.
It brings the total to 4,401,109.
This is the latest rolling seven-day coronavirus infection rates per 100,000 people for the week ending April 18:
- Bracknell Forest: 28 (up from 21.2 for week ending April 17 )
- Reading: 25.3 (up from 21 )
- Slough: 63.5 (up from 60.9)
- West Berkshire: 11.4 (up from 8.8 )
Windsor and Maidenhead: 23.1 (up from 19.2)
Wokingham: 16.9 (no change)
This is the latest breakdown of confirmed cases for each area of Berkshire since the start of the pandemic:
- Bracknell Forest: 7,067 cases (four new cases)
- Reading: 10,893 cases (six new cases)
- Slough: 15,457 cases (17 new cases)
- West Berkshire: 6,349 cases (five new cases)
- Windsor and Maidenhead: 8,457 cases (one new case)
- Wokingham: 8,211 (14 new cases)
This is the latest data on the total number of deaths at NHS trusts in and around Berkshire:
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust: 1,247 (no change)
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust: 501 (no change)
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust: 32 (no change)
How many people have had a Covid vaccine?
Government data up to April 22 shows that of the 45,012,308 jabs given in the UK so far, 33,388,637 were first doses – a rise of 130,986 on the previous day.
Some 11,623,671 were second doses, an increase of 431,070.