Many places are expected to stay dry, but isolated thunderstorms may cause some travel disruption to our area.
The yellow warning is in place from 4pm this afternoon until midnight tonight.
The Met Office has issued the following advice:
- Probably some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes
- Some short term loss of power and other services is likely
- Delays to train services are possible
- Some flooding of a few homes and businesses is possible, leading to some damage to buildings or structures
- There is a small chance that driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus
Buckinghamshire, Bracknell Forest, Greater London, Milton Keynes, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead have all been included in the warning.