BPH publishes a weekly Covid-19 briefing and breaks down the data by electoral ward.
The data was published yesterday (January 20) and shows the number of reported cases and their infection rate between January 8 and 14.
BPH has rounded the data for each ward to the nearest five in order to protect the identity of individuals.
The latest data shows what the beginning effect has been of the UK third national lockdown – which legally came into force on January 6 – and the results for the Royal Borough have been largely positive.
Most wards have seen a decrease in the number of cases and their weekly infection rate.
Clewer East was the only ward to see an increase with an uptick of 55 cases recorded and a weekly rate of 804 per 100,000 population.
Although cases are coming down in Datchet, Horton & Wraysbury, the area still remains the borough’s highest infected ward with 90 cases recorded and a weekly rate of 882 per 100,000.
Ascot & Sunninghill was the ward that saw the biggest drop in cases this week, followed by Belmont, Eton & Castle, and Old Windsor.
Cox Green was the only ward to have no change in their recorded figures.
Confirmed cases in the Royal Borough and their weekly rate per 100,000 population:
- Ascot & Sunninghill – 30 (down 45 from the previous week). Weekly rate of 257
- Belmont – 25 (down 35). Weekly rate of 318
- Bisham & Cookham – 15 (down 10). Weekly rate of 225
- Boyn Hill – 35 (down 20). Weekly rate of 472
- Bray – 30 (down five). Weekly rate of 388
- Clewer & Dedworth East – 55 (down five). Weekly rate of 658
- Clewer & Dedworth West – 20 (down 20). Weekly rate of 284
- Clewer East – 55 (up 35). Weekly rate of 804
- Cox Green – 50 (no change). Weekly rate of 655
- Datchet, Horton & Wraysbury – 90 (down 25). Weekly rate of 882
- Eton & Castle – 30 (down 35). Weekly rate of 238
- Furze Platt – 35 (down five). Weekly rate of 454
- Hurley & Walthams – 20 (down 20). Weekly rate of 318
- Old Windsor – 25 (down 30). Weekly rate of 332
- Oldfield – 35 (down 20). Weekly rate of 521
- Pinkneys Green – 40 (down 15). Weekly rate of 529
- Riverside – 35 (down 10). Weekly rate of 484
- St Mary’s – 30 (down 10). Weekly rate of 414
- Sunningdale & Cheapside – 15 (down 10). Weekly rate of 226
According to the BPH weekly briefing, the Royal Borough has had 676 new cases of Covid-19 over the last seven days (January 8 – 14) and these make up 10 per cent of all the borough’s cases across the whole pandemic.
This brings the total of confirmed cases in the Royal Borough to 6,836.
The current weekly rate is 422 per 100,000, and the rate for people aged 60 and over is 446.8 per 100,000, a one per cent decrease in the last week.
Sadly, ten deaths were recorded in the week between January 2 – 8, taking the Covid-19 death toll to 196 in the borough.